Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade Baby Shampoo

I tried my hand at some baby shampoo today. Of course it's been 14 years since I've had a baby in my home, but I have friends who are expecting and I think this would be a good 'green' gift. Here's the recipe:

12 ounces distilled water
4 tablespoons Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap
4 drops of lavender oil, optional (or relaxing/invigorating essential oil of your choice)

Heat water to just boiling then remove from heat. Add soap and essential oil if desired. Pour in a bottle and shake, This soap will be watery but very gentle for baby. Experiment with different essential oils to personalize. As with any product, test for sensitivities or allergies.

**I found my liquid castile at Target. If you can only find the soap bars, just grate them and adjust measurement as necessary and dissolve in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment